Follow by Email

Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Two weeks into the New Year

It’s true what my grandfather told me years ago, time goes by faster the older you get. When I was about 10 years old my family was visiting my grandparents in Cashmere, Washington. It was in the summer because it was a hot day, about 90 degrees. Grandpa was out checking on his tomato plants and I was following him around trying to understand what was so important about tomato plants. I was complaining, “I’m bored, there’s nothing to do, this day is moving soooo slowly,”  as perhaps you can imagine any 10 year old saying. He told me to cherish this time because when I get older I’ll be very busy and the time will fly by. Then I’ll wonder where all the time went and what did I do during that time.

this morning's sunrise
At least now I am doing what I really want to be doing and not having to go to a job that I don’t like. I don’t have any regrets for my past job or employer. It was a valuable experience and I learned so many things about how a city’s infrastructure works. I earned a good wage, saved money and that all has what has afforded me to do what I am doing now. And when people come to see me at my job now it’s because they want to be there!

Last week was the first week of the new ‘quarter,’ the winter session of classes at GVR, (Green Valley Recreation) where I am teaching a Yoga for Beginner’s class. Even though I was warned there would likely be a lot of people signed up, I didn’t expect to have 26! Beginners! It did go well, I didn’t have time to be nervous, I set that aside and focused my attention to them. Then I went on to my 3:00 outdoor class and there were 10 people there when I usually have 5. Tuesday was my private client, Wednesday 3 more classes, (no beginner’s tho), Thursday I assisted at my mentor’s Beginner’s class in Tubac (with only 3 students), and taught one last class Friday morning. The weekend was spent at a 2 day, 5 hours each day, Anatomy of Yoga workshop with an amazing teacher. One would think I would be tired, but I am energized. 

I did get to go on one ride with the gang the previous week. There were 5 machines, as they say, and 7 people. We went to Mt. Hopkins, almost to the top. There’s an observatory up there and you can’t go all the way up without special permission, so we parked on the side of the road for our break. It was chilly up there, at 7,000 feet, with a little snow on the ground. The views were fantastic and we had a nice picnic lunch before heading back down.





Jay keeps busy too while I am doing my yoga thing. He and some of our desert riding friends went to Wellton, Arizona to ride around in a different part of the desert. He was gone three days and had a great time. He was able to get rested up from that adventure and between a few little chores on his honey-do list and appointments, he hooked up with another group of guys who go a little slower and went for a ride on Friday. 

trail boss, Jay


Have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment