Follow by Email

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

January 31, interesting reads found on the good ol' internet



valerie d photo
In my quest to become slightly better organized and productive I stumbled across this article titled “13 Things you should give up if you want to be successful” by Zdravko Cvijetic (he goes by Z).(click here to read his article) This was on medium.com, a website that provides what I think to be interesting articles. 

I, like many other people, am hooked by numbers in titles of articles. Apparently there’s been a ton of research done on that and it’s proven to be highly effective in getting people to read articles. You see it on magazine covers all the time, 5 effective ways to get flat abs, 7 habits to get your cakes to rise, 15 celebrities you didn’t know picked their toes, 42 things you should do as part of your morning routine. And we all take the bait and click to read or buy the magazine, just what the marketers want us to do. Well, in this instance I’m glad I clicked. 

His article is very well written. He has his specific points in bold lettering then he expands on them in a few sentences to drive home his point. Not huge long paragraphs expounding the virtues of his idea, just a short explanation of action you could take to actually make the change he is proposing. So of course, I read the next article, “7 Strategies That Will Help You Eliminate Procrastination.” click here to read this article   Again, the bold bullet list titles with supporting action plans. Things that if I choose to implement them are do-able and possibly even sustainable.

I find that to be the biggest hurdle for me. I want to make a change and sometimes would think I have to do it all at once, instead of breaking it down in to smaller steps. It only takes 21 days to form a new habit and if I change one small thing, it’s easier to keep doing it until it becomes a habit.

I also learned something new from this. How to embed a link to another website! Really not that hard because Google makes it so darn easy.


valerie d. photo

No comments:

Post a Comment